Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Coffee to go--hold the cup!

Here's another idea to reduce waste: use your own travel mug next time you buy a cup of coffee at your favorite place. It takes a little forethought, but only a little. I just keep a travel mug in my car, then it's there when I decide to make a pit stop. It pays to know the size of your travel mug--mine is between Starbucks Tall and Grande; both times I've asked for a tall, once I was charged tall, once I was charged Grande (but it was less than what the board said, so go figure!). Some places will even charge you less for filling your cup (Burger King is one of them). When I get home, I just wash up the cup and set it by my purse so I'll remember to put it back in the car.

“Nature provides a free lunch, but only if we control our appetites.”--William Ruckelshaus

Have a great day!
jennie

No comments: