Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I've arrived...

to the blogosphere! It's taken me quite a while, but, well, here I am! This is kind of a hobby space...I enjoy doing crafts of all kinds, my favorite being knitting. Latest interests are felting and making wire jewelry. Another interest is in finding relatively painless ways to reduce the amount of trash that I am sending out to who-knows-where. And I have never felt more unoriginal in this regard than the last few months--seems like everywhere you turn you hear more about being green...well, Yipee! Maybe that will stimulate more people to do a little bit to cut down on the incredible amount of waste. Anyway, I'll be sharing tips along these lines too, for anyone interested...Here's one to get us started, thanks to Woman's Day magazine: take one less paper napkin at the fast food restaurant. Ever mindlessly grab a wad of napkins on your way past the counter? Well, according to WD, if everyone took one less napkin per day, we'd save more than a billion pounds of napkins from the landfill. Is that incredible? Sounds pretty painless to me!

No comments: